The Haskell Platform 3rd release (July 2009) is live! Here’s the announce.
We’re pleased to announce the third release of the Haskell Platform: a single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.
The platform is a comprehensive suite of compilers, libraries and tools for Haskell, providing a rich, useful environment, that is identical on every system. It is Haskell with batteries included.
- Download the Haskell Platform (Windows, OSX, Unix, …)
What you get is specified here. Compilers, tools, a bunch of libraries for making you more interesting at cocktail parties.
What’s new in this release?
- GHC 6.10.4
- network upgraded to 18.104.22.168
- Improvements to the MacOSX installer
- Improvements to crazy popular Windows installer
- Significant improvements in Debian support for Haskell
- Gentoo now has full support for the Haskell Platform
We’ve had more than 125k downloads of the platform now. So let us know what you think. How could the platform be improved to make your daily use of Haskell easier?
As mentioned last week, we have some big plans ahead, primarily working out how to regularly add more libraries from Hackage. If you have thoughts on this, let us know.
See you at the Haskell Implementors Workshop in a few weeks!
One thought on “The Haskell Platform 2009.2.0.2”
Is anyone working on this for Ubuntu? I feel so left out =)